BiNGE Notes

Rambling thoughts of a cartooning cab driver on the Jersey Shore

Monday, January 11, 2010

Presidential Race

In a snapshot of America, perhaps we've only been looking at the negative of the snapshot.
Over the past two years, I've noticed the only ones who consistently and loudly discuss President Obama's race are his supporters. Even in private conversations among conservatives race is not the issue, it's policy. The Dems waste no opportunity to mention skin color. I thought Liberals were above noticing such things. Ironically, it's Conservatives who live by the wisdom of "Judging a man by the content of his character, not the color of his skin." Wait, who first said that? It's the content of his character that Conservatives have always questioned. His political associations, radical individuals who would have been an anchor to any white conservatives. Be seen with a Pat Robertson and get tagged a "white, racist Jesus Freak" Jeremiah Wright? If I was the only white member of his congregation, I'd be lookin fo da door.

Now if conservative pundits had been using words like "Stupid, incompetent, dumb and ignorant" about Obama, as much as the liberals had used such adjectives on Palin, we'd be deaf from the screams. "look at how they view African Americans, stupid and ignorant, all conservatives are racists." So conversely, does that argument conclude that Liberal Dems are really sexist? The first female candidate is an incompetent bimbo acording to their voices. The women of "The View" aren't racist, however they are sexist, ok, now I am confused.


This is by far a very difficult period in U.S. history. It is the same in my personal life. I see in my life that these great difficulties and challenges hurt like a never ending case of the burning trots. Already it has made me a better person than I was, I fought the lessons tooth and nail. Hated every moment, denied it. Looking back at the old me with disdain. Having learned over decades lessons that today seem so obvious.

I hope in a decade America will look back over these trouble years an know that we are a better nation having studied the snapshots.

No comments:

Post a Comment